Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas around the corner

Boy o, boy! It's December already. Where did 2010 go? I'll tell you, it went by like the miles we put on our car. In the month of November we traveled about 3500 alone. Started the month with an oil change. Need another one again.

We are almost to the end of the Kuehl Road Trip. This week though, Ryan is going solo. Another quizzing tournament, this time in St. Louis. I decided to stay home and decorate the house. I've been so excited about it, and planning it in my head, that I haven't been able to sleep. I woke up at 5:20 this morning and haven't been able to fall back asleep. (I don't get up this early on the weekdays, sometimes on Saturdays for quizzes, but this is CRAZY!!!). I'm trying to bide my time before getting into full out clean/decorating mode. I don't want to disturb my downstairs neighbors.

Yesterday was a nice day, so I put up the lights outside on the deck. I have garland lights around the railing and a spiral tree in the middle of the deck. And of course it has to snow as soon as I put them up. Woke up to about 2 1/2 inches, and it's still coming down. So I will be staying in today. Finishing up the Christmas tree (branches and lights were put up last night) and stuff around the house. Pictures will follow. :-)

I love this time of year. And I really only like snow for Christmas... then it can go away. I am definitely a summer/hot weather gal. For now I think I will eat some breakfast, put in a movie, and THEN get started.

~Lori

0 comments: