Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Top Ten Memories

My friend Abbie did this for her blog, and I thought it was a good idea.

So in no particular order ...

10. Marriage Inc. presented Bill and Pam Farrell in a marriage seminar (January). They had some wonderful insights (i.e. their book "Men are like waffles, Women are like spaghetti", is a must read) and very funny. It made for a wonderful date night and great way to start of the year.

9. March presented some awesome memories with my special needs kids. First we went to Special Games, not to be confused with Special Olympics. My kids competed in ring toss, basketball drills, and races (and things of that nature). We came in second for most school spirit and were treated with a visit from Staley, of the Chicago Bears. That same weekend, one of my kids, Sean Rooney, held a book signing for his first published children's book. "Paddy's First Day at Hilltop School" is the first in a series of books that Sean plans to publish. The line for his signature was out the door and Barnes and Noble sold out of his book. It was awesome!

8. May 15th, my little brother Ian got married to a wonderful girl, Katie. I'm glad to call her my sister and it was a beautiful day. Not to mention, I got to go back to Kentucky. ;-)

7. Memorial Day weekend I had the opportunity to go to my first Indianapolis 500! It was Ryan's first Indy Car race, and what way start. One of my favorite racers, Dario Franchitti, won the race. Thanks to the Tolleys (a quizzing family that I adore) we got to go for FREE!

6. Jenny K. Moore, Room 204: happened at the end of June, beginning of July. Others would remember this as Q2010, but since I spent the whole week in one room, that's all that I remember. LOL! While in room 204, I witnessed some amazing quizzers from all over the U.S. and Canada. It's amazing to watch these kids study and memorizing Scripture. It makes my heart smile.

5. This year I turned 30! Eeeek! No, it's okay. I don't have a problem with that, since I still get stopped in the hallways at the high school and asked for my hall pass (even though I'm wearing my work badge on lanyard around my neck)! For my birthday, Ryan and I went to Grand Rapids/Holland, MI to spend the weekend with my parents and my dad's side of the family. I went shopping, and to the beach, and ate some fabulous ribs...a perfect weekend.

4. Kuehl Roadtrip 2010! 10 weeks of something every weekend, visiting with friends, family, and quizzers. 'Nuff said.

3. I became an aunt again this year. I have beautiful niece, Delaney Elizabeth. She's just precious, and I can't wait to get to know her better. :-)

2. Christmas break was very productive for me. I was able to get lots of crocheting done and other things around the house this past week and a half. Plus it was just nice to have a break from working two jobs and get some extra sleep. Oh, and have time to read, too!

Now I haven't really put these memories in order of importance, mostly they are listed in order of their occurrence. But the last one I'm going to list is one that is very special to me.

1. Parkview Christian Church's Easter service. Parkview is a church that has about 6-7,000 members and had to have three nights of Easter services to fit everybody in the church. Ryan and I went with our small group on Good Friday. Earlier in the day we went to our church's Good Friday service, which was very somber given that it was about the death of Jesus. But four hours later, we were able to celebrate a Resurrected Savior with much gusto. When we entered the sanctuary, we were given poppers and when Pastor Tim Harlow told us to (during a worship song) everyone popped their poppers. It was so awesome to see thousands of tiny streamers fill the air in the sanctuary in celebration of the fact that Jesus is in the grave no more! Now that's how I like to celebrate! AMEN!!!!!

~Lori

0 comments: