Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Q2010

Wow! It's been two months since I've posted on here (sorry) and a week ago today I was traveling back from the Wonderful Land of OH.

We went to Mount Vernon Nazarene University, in Mount Vernon, Ohio for the General Bible Quiz 2010. Or, Q2010 for short. Our church took 8 teens and there were 19 total from our district. Ryan and I signed up to be officials. Ryan was a quizmaster for the Local (individual church teams) Experienced. I was a content judge for Local Experienced and District Experienced. I worked with two different quizmasters: Charles Perabeau (from my district, he's the pastor of Chicago Northside) and John Shearer (from California). Tuesday was my first day officiating. I had two rounds in the morning and then TWELVE rounds in the afternoon. But that was nothing compared to Thursday. I officiated from 9am to 9 pm. With breaks for lunch and dinner, of course. But that was a looooooong day.

I met people from all over (there were teams not only from all over the US, but there was a Canadian team and a team from Antigua). I took my crocheting with my and worked on in between rounds. I had several quizzers say that they crochet/knit too. There was even one girl from Georgia who wants to start her own crocheting ministry at her church (similar to the one I'm involved with here at my church). The kids from Kentucky and I really hit it off (I had my UK tote with me). We chatted a lot about UK basketball and giving Ryan a hard time. He always came back with the fact that Duke is the current National Champion. Several coaches and quizzers asked me if they would see me at Quizfest. Since my husband is the director, I kinda have to be there. :-)

Our kids did great. We had three district teams in the experienced division and one in the novice. Our A team (all girls, by the way) placed 8th out of 45 teams! The Kankakee 1st team was 11th out of 45, just missing the tournament. But I am so proud of those kids. THEY ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!!! And I'm so proud of the kids on the other teams, too. These kids are amazing.

I didn't get many pictures of any actual quizzing. Most of the quizzing pictures are of Decades Quizzing (or Old Timers). Ryan was the director of that, so I was heavily involved in it, too. That took place at the end of the day, after the kids were done quizzing. The pictures of the kids quizzing are the ONU Regional teams. The local teams compete to make the district teams, which then compete to be on the regional team. The regions all correspond with the eight Nazarene Universities. They split them into the A pool and the B pool. The ONU B team beat Mount Vernon B in the Championship!!! And then it reversed in A pool, MVNU beating ONU.

Most of the pictures I have are during down time when we are playing silly games or just hanging out. If you click on the picture below, it will take you to my online photo album. This picture is of Ryan cheering on our ONU B team to victory! :-)


~Lori

0 comments: