Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm glad 2009 is over!

Well, when Ryan and I rang in 2009 at the Resolve Center, we were filled with the hope of great change lying ahead. (Geez, I'm sounding like Obama.) The things that we were hoping for did not come, instead 2009 brought a lot of heart ache.

  • Ryan's coworker, Dave, died of cancer.
  • Ryan's brother, Jee, was in a horrible motorcycle accident. Thankfully he walked away with only a broken arm.
  • I lost my friend and cousin, Annika Dace. I still miss her incredibly.
  • News came of my best friend Abbie Mantor moving to Kentucky to go to seminary.
  • Then my other best friends, my mom and dad, were moving to Michigan.
  • Lost opportunities for a new job, and news that my current job is hanging on by a thin thread.
But not all was bad...

  • Ryan and I joined a new small group, with couples who are wanting to grow spiritually and find God's purpose.
  • We got a new cat, Daisy.
  • We have had some great times with friends, new and old.
So with that, I leave 2009 behind, and I'm looking forward to 2010 and all that it holds for the Kuehls.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

Happy New Year! ~Lori

0 comments: