Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recent happenings and thoughts

Ryan just revealed to me that he finished a jar of peanut butter...in a week. I opened it to get one teaspoon out to add to my hot chocolate (it was good, until I got to the unmelted, unmixed-in peanut butter at the bottom). The rest of it, Ryan ate. This guy loves his peanut butter.

Christmas day, I watched as my cousin Tiffany finished knitting her first scarf. In talking with her, I was inspired to take up crocheting again. So the next day I hopped on to YouTube, searched for crocheting videos, and retaught myself how to crochet. I also went to Hobby Lobby to buy the necessary supplies and I made another scarf (my first I made three years ago). Now I've joined the newly form knitting/crocheting ministry at church. We are invited to bring our own projects or we can work on things to give away (i.e. prayer shawls to patients and baby blankets). Tiffany, you are welcome to come with me if you want.

I am so excited that Kentucky Basketball is back to where it should be. I no longer have to be embarrassed wearing my UK gear. And now, there are more converts. The Mantors, who moved down to Kentucky last summer, are now Wildcat fans. Yeah!

In the past two years I've spent the summer reading about a certain person. Summer of 2008 was the "Summer of John Adams". Last summer I read about John Wesley. I've already picked what I'm going to concentrate on this year. I've always told myself that I should read the "Classics". Kids in high school have read more of them than I have. I'm currently reading a series, but as soon as I'm done I'm starting on books by Jane Austen. I'm really looking forward to it.

Well, that was random.

~Lori

0 comments: