Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

6 Loooooonnnnnggg Years

This last Saturday was our 6th Wedding Anniversary. Where did the time go? I told one of my coworkers that it was our anniversary...she asked how long. I told her. She then asked if it was how long we had been married or been together. When I told her that we have been together almost 8 years, she was in awe. Then she asked, "Still madly in love"? I told her yes.

But I got to thinking...are we still madly in love? I can still answer with a yes. But it's a love that has grown and matured. It's not the same as when we were first married, or dating. I wouldn't want it to be the same.

We celebrated by going to church. But not just any church. We went to Parkview Christian Church. It's a mega church. Just 45 minutes away. I loved it. The worship and the sermon were great. (Disclaimer: I am not looking for a new church, Ryan and I still love our Kankakee First Church of the Nazarene). We could have gone to a movie, but decided on something that we help us individually and our marriage. Afterwards, we went to Girodano's for some delish stuffed pizza. (I cried in pizza, because UK lost to West Virginia.)

~Lori

0 comments: