Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm actually blogging....haven't done this in a while

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here. My life has been so busy and every time I go to post something, I don't feel is very blog-worthy. So I don't. There have been quizzes and conferences, and other things, but I just haven't had the urge to blog about any of it. Maybe it's the winter blahs. We have had a lot snow and a lot of cold. It's starting to look like spring here in Illinois. All I can say is... Thank. Goodness.

Due to the construction at BBCHS we haven't had many holidays. And there haven't been any snow days either. There are still 19 more school days until Spring Break. I can make it. I just keep plugging away. The daycare is going well. I mostly work in the toddler room. And this year I've come up with activities for them to do in the afternoon that are alphabet related. We are learning a new letter every week. This week coming up is the Letter I. Yes, they are young, but they are soaking it in, even if they can't communicate it to me yet.

The quizzers are doing well. Yesterday was our final quiz, before Finals. Our A team placed 3rd, and our B team placed 6th. This weekend is the tournament in Indy. Looking forward to it. Finals will determine who will make the District team to go to Regionals (Which take place, by the way, the same weekend as a certain wedding). Ryan is trying to figure out how he can do both.

I have been working really hard this year on loosing weight. Since getting married I had put on about 30 pounds. Well, I've had enough. The teacher in my classroom joined Weight Watchers to get ready for her wedding. While I cannot afford to attend meetings and buy their food, I've started counting points and working out as much as possible. So far, I've lost 6 pounds. It's such a slow process. But it's working.

Ryan and I went to the Marriage Inc. Conference at the end January. Marriage Inc. is through Olivet and they hold events to strengthen area marriages. This year the speakers were Bill and Pam Farrell. They have written several books, including The Marriage Code and Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti. The latter contends that men have boxes, like a waffle. Each box represents are part of their life. And they can only be in one box at a time. Women are like a plate of spaghetti, where every noodle touches every other noodle. When we talk, we go on a spaghetti journey, only we know where we are going with the conversation. When men have stress, they assign it to a box, find the solution, close the lid and are done with it. For women, stress is a giant meatball that scatters our noodles all over. We have to gather our noodles and then talk about how to incorporate this meatball in with our noodles and talk and talk.

So anyhoo. That's all for now. I promise, I won't wait so long.

~Lori

0 comments: